Welcome to the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo Media Relations Section. Here's some important info you will need to know prior to the event, including rules, regulations, limitations and cool freebies at the Calgary Expo!
NOTE: Please refer to us correctly as the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo or the Calgary Expo in any article that you create.
MEDIA ENQUIRIES ONLY CONTACT
Mediatonic PR 778.737.6877
For Advertising inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
MEDIA DESK HOURS:
Thursday, April 24: 4pm to TBC
Friday, April 25: 12pm to TBC
Saturday, April 26: 10am to TBC
Sunday, April 27: 10am to TBC
MEDIA RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Media should apply for accreditation online prior to the event. Limited on-site applications
will be reviewed and not guaranteed approval. Note: Calgary Expo historically does sell
out before our media review process is complete.
2. All media must be registered and approved by providing proof of their employment with a
media outlet or organization logo, title, and contact information.
3. Only the approved media personnel will be given a media pass and granted access into
the event. Each personnel must provide proof of employment via a business card or
alternative credentials when you register on-site at the Media Desk.
4. The media pass allows access into the Calgary Expo and events where space permits.
Reserved areas for media will be available for cameras, photographers, microphones,
and reporters. Present your media pass to volunteers managing these areas for access.
5. A very limited amount of approvals are granted for freelance photographers not on
6. A media pass does NOT allow early entry, entrance into VIP or ticketed areas, entrance
into special events outside of the Calgary Expo, or entrance into the Green Room. Any
special requests must be made in advance.
7. "Drive-by" (unapproved interviews) with Media Guests are strictly FORBIDDEN. All
on-site interviews must be approved through the Media Relations Team. Refusal to
cooperate will result in eviction from the Calgary Expo.
8. Permission must be obtained from the Calgary Expo for videotaping, filming, or recording
that will be used for commercial (non-media) purposes (private documentaries). Please
specify this in your media request.
9. Camera crews are free to roam the show floor, but cannot set up equipment in a fixed
manner without pre-approval.
10. Photographers and camera operations must be AT LEAST 12 FEET AWAY from any
Media Guest. You are required to stop filming/shooting if asked. Inquire via the guest
handler assisting media guests if you may photograph or film them first.
11. Calgary Expo reserves the right to refuse or remove media accreditation at any point
before or during the event.
12. Calgary Expo reserves the right to adjust this policy without public notice and may deny
any applicant a media badge.