Welcome to the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo Media Relations Section. Here's some important info you will need to know prior to the event, including rules, regulations, limitations and cool freebies at the Calgary Expo!
NOTE: Please refer to us correctly as the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo or the Calgary Expo in any article that you create.
Media Passes & Interviews:
****MEDIA ACCREDITATION IS NOW CLOSED****
Media Enquiries, please contact:
Media Desk Hours
Saturday: 10am- 5:30pm
Not all Guests are available for interviews. We'll do our best to help accommodate your
requests and with over 70 Media and Creator Guests, several staff members, and over 300
exhibitors available for interviews, we will be able to find an alternative to suit your needs.
We can accommodate advancers, pre-show, in-studio, phone, and interviews onsite. Please
send all your requests in advance. We will do our best to accommodate requests day-of, but
cannot make any guarantees.
The Media Relations Team will be accessible at the Media Desk beginning Friday afternoon
until Sunday, April 26-28 2013.
Media Rules and Regulations
1. The Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo reserves the right to refuse or remove media
accreditation at any point before or during the event.
2. All media must be registered and approved by providing proof of their employment with a
media outlet or organization logo, title, and contact information.
3. Media should apply for accreditation online prior to the event. Limited on-site applications
will be reviewed and not guaranteed approval.
4. Only the approved media personnel will be given a media pass and granted access into
the event. Each personnel must provide proof of employment via a business card when you
register on-site at the Media Desk.
5. The media pass allows access into the Calgary Expo and events where space permits.
Reserved areas for media will be available for cameras, photographers, microphones, and
reporters. Some areas will be equipped with media plugins. Present your media pass to
volunteers managing these areas for access.
6. A media pass does NOT allow early entry, entrance into VIP or ticketed areas, entrance
into special events outside of the Calgary Expo, or entrance into the Green Room. Any special
requests must be made in advance.
7. "Drive-by" (unapproved interviews) with Media Guests are strictly FORBIDDEN. Impromptu
on-site interviews must be approved through the Media Relations Team. Refusal to cooperate
will result in eviction from the Calgary Expo.
8. Permission must be obtained from the Calgary Expo for videotaping, filming, or recording
that will be used for commercial (non-media) purposes (private documentaries). Please specify
this in your media request.
9. Camera crews are free to roam the show floor, but cannot set up equipment in a fixed
manner without pre-approval.
10. Photographers and camera operations must be AT LEAST 12 FEET AWAY from any Media
Guest. You are required to stop filming/shooting if asked. Inquire with all Media Guests via the
volunteers assisting them if you may photograph or film them first.