04.25.2013 Last minute changes!!!
With this many guests, exhibitors, artists, and performers, schedules will inevitably change. We've had some (very) last minute changes that have occurred so give this information a read to make sure you're well informed!
Additional Photo Op sessions (these are in addition to the already existing photo ops, not instead of the already existing photo ops):*
- Cary Elwes - Saturday at 3:30PM
- The Hart Foundation - Saturday at 1:00PM and Sunday at 1:30PM
- John Carpenter - Saturday at 6:00PM
- Kristanna Loken - Saturday at 2:00 PM
- Lexa Doig - Sunday at 4:00PM
- Mark Sheppard - Sunday at 3:00PM
- Michael Biehn - Saturday at 1:00PM
- Starship Troopers team up - Saturday at 11:00AM
- Sylvester McCoy - Sunday at 12:30PM
*these photo ops are available for purchase on site. Due to the show opening tomorrow they will not be available for pre-sales online.
Photo Op Changes:
- Boondock Saints photo op - Friday session & Saturday morning session moved to Saturday at 6:30 (Friday single day pass holders will still be able to get their photo op Saturday at 6:30)
- Sean Patrick Flanery - Friday session moved to Saturday at 5:30PM (Friday single day pass holders will still be able to get their photo op Saturday at 6:30)
- Due to last minute flight changes, Sean Patrick Flanery will now be attending on Saturday and Sunday only.
- Boondock Saints Panel - will now be Saturday at 3:00 PM in Palomino AE
- Wil Wheaton Spotlight - will now be Saturday at 12:00 PM in Palomino AE
- Spotlight on Carrie Fisher - Will be Saturday at 2:00 PM in the Corral instead of the Star Wars Panel
- Spotlight on Ian McDiarmid - will be Sunday at 4:00 PM in Palomino AE
- Voice Actors reading of the Princess Bride on Friday is now the Voice Actor Movie Medley on Saturday at 6:00PM in the Corral. (this is not to be confused with the Princess Bride Panel on Friday at 3:30PM - this panel is still at the same time, same day, same place).
- The Saw panel has been cancelled.
04.18.2013 Avoid the admissions line up and exchange your badge on Thursday!
Don’t want to miss a second of the Calgary Expo Craziness? Be sure to drop by the lower level of the Big Four Building on Thursday, April 25th between 4:00PM & 8:00 PM to do your badge exchange!
- People who exchange their ticket for their badge/wristband on Thursday will not have to wait in the admissions line up at the Big Four building to enter into the convention.
- Children's Passes, Single day passes, Weekend Passes, and VIP Passes can be redeemed.
- This does NOT apply to gaming passes as those passes will be exchanged in the gaming area during the weekend (upper level of the Big Four Building Friday, Saturday, Sunday).
- Stampede parking rates will apply so if you’d like to save yourself some money, park on the street or use public transit
- The Thursday badge exchange will be in the lower level of the Big Four Building between 4:00 PM and 8:00 PM.
- Remember: You must have a badge and a wristband in order to be admitted/re-admitted into the Calgary Expo. The Calgary Expo is not responsible for lost or stolen badges/wristbands, and due to the hard capacity we have this year, we cannot be replacing them, so please take care of them!
04.16.2013 Creators added to the Calgary Expo!
Camilla is a talented artist who has worked for publishers such as IDW and Darkhorse. Some of her comics and graphic novels include Nightmares & Fairytales, Vampy Cat Playfriend, and Sky Pirates of Neo Terra.
Savage Dragon creator Erik Larsen has been in the comics business for over 20 years. He has worked for most of the major publishers and shows no signs of slowing down. He is the creator/writer/artist of Savage Dragon and current Publisher of Image Comics, the company he helped found in 1992.
(bio courtesy of savagedragon.com)
04.11.2013 LOTR & Hobbit studio Weta, along with InnerSpace Hosts, and Canadian film makers heading to the Expo!
Weta Workshop houses a range of disciplines under one roof - including conceptual design, weapons, armour & chainmaille, specialist props, vehicles, specialty costumes, models & miniatures, special makeup & prosthetics, public art & displays.
The team at Weta Workshop enjoys engaging in projects holistically, from the earliest stages of technical analysis and conceptual design through to manufacture across all departments and final delivery on set to anywhere in the world. Drawing on more than 25 years of filmmaking experience, five-times Oscar-winning Design and Effects Supervisor Richard Taylor is intimately involved in all projects from concept through to delivery.
Although best known for the company's design and effects work on award-winning film projects, including Lord of the Rings Trilogy, King Kong, Avatar, District 9, The Adventures of Tintin and The Hobbit (in production), Weta Workshop offers services to all creative industries throughout the world.
(bio courtesy of www.wetanz.com)
Australian born actor Mark Ferguson is a talented performer and improv artist. He is best known as the Elven King Gil-galad in Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings Trilogy. He has also hosted several Australian reality shows such as Big Brother Australia, and The Mole.
As the Host of InnerSPACE, AJAY FRY is no stranger to SPACE or the airwaves. Born in Toronto, Ajay attributes his bizarre and creative sense of humour to growing up in Ottawa. His career in television began at an early age with roles on LASSIE, ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK and BIG WOLF ON CAMPUS. He also regularly lent his young voice to cartoons such as ARTHUR, LITTLE LULU and CAILLOU.
Bio courtesy of www.spacecast.com
Bio courtesy of www.spacecast.com
Producer/director Justin McConnell has been running the production company Unstable Ground for over 10 years. Most recently, he produced/directed 'The Collapsed', a post-apocalyptic horror/thriller that was released by Anchor Bay Entertainment in 2012. In addition, Justin has recently completed the comedy/documentary 'Skull World', and is developing 'The Eternal', an action/horror film set to star Michael Biehn.*
Justin will be hosting a screening of Skull World in the Burns Room (Big Four Building) on Saturday, April 27, 5:30pm.
*There is no charge for Justin's autograph
Craig is a New Zealand born actor who is best known for his role as Haldir in The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. He has also had roles in Xena: Warrior Princess, Legend of the Seeker, Underworld: Rise of the Lycans.
Richard Taylor is the co-founder and co-director of the Weta companies in Wellington, New Zealand. Richard is the Creative Director of Weta Workshop and its affiliate businesses (Weta Limited and Pukeko Pictures). Richard has been awarded five Oscars, four BAFTAs and numerous other achievements for Weta's success in the disciplines of make up, costume and visual effects.
Canadian born Vincent Thomas has enjoyed an ecclectic career in almost every aspect of performance. He has had numerous appearance in theatrical productions across Canada, including Theatre Collingwood, Toronto Operetta Theatre, Evolution Dance Theatre and the Banff Centre for the Arts and has played lead and supporting roles in feature films such as The Collapsed, The Unleashed and One Last Breath, as well as TV appearances in Forensic Factor, Urban Legends and the Protestant Revolution. His sword and equestrian work has taken him around the world, including 7 years as a knight at Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament, Fight Director for the Macau International Music Festival in China and the Banff Centre for the Arts. He has worked with members of Fight Directors Canada, the International Order of the Sword and Pen, Scalagrims, and many other stage combat and stunt societies around North America. Vincent is also an accomplished Operatic Director, having worked with many professional opera companies across Canada, and is resident Stage Director for Pellegrini Opera, in Ottawa.*
Vincent will be conducting a stage combat workshop along with Arnold Schwarzenegger stunt double Peter Kent.
*There is no charge for Vincent's autograph
As host of InnerSPACE, TEDDY WILSON goes above and beyond the call of duty to bring the world of genre to your space.
Growing up in Ottawa, Teddy began his career in the entertainment industry as a child actor on the internationally syndicated series YOU CAN’T DO THAT ON TELEVISION. After earning an Honours B.A. in Political Science, the politically-active Wilson moved to Toronto to work at Queen’s Park. Political advisor by day, he started producing and promoting live comedy revues at various venues at night, including the prestigious Tim Sims Encouragement Fund Award at The Second City.
When not busy hosting INNERSPACE, Teddy plays drums in the indie-rock band HUDDLE, reads far too many comic-books and goes to a lot of movies.
Bio courtesy of www.spacecast.com
04.10.2013 The Walking Dead's Melissa McBride added to the line up!
Melissa McBride is best known as Carol Peletier in AMCs smash hit - The Walking Dead. She has been involved in several other productions including Dawson's Creek, The Mist, and Walker, Texas Ranger.
04.10.2013 Changes to the Walking Dead Line Up
Due to scheduling conflicts, Danai Gurira has had to cancel her appearance at the Calgary Expo. However, we are very pleased to announce that Melissa McBride, also known as Carol Peletier in The Walking Dead, has now joined the line up.
Concerned about your Walking Dead or Danai Photo Op? Worry no more! Melissa will be taking part in The Walking Dead Team Up photo ops, as well as doing her own individual photo ops.
- If you purchased a photo op with Danai Gurira it will automatically be refunded to you
- If you purchased The Walking Dead group photo op, which Melissa is a part of, but you still want a refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
04.10.2013 Don't forget about our very cool and super special panels!
Some of our specialty programming requires pre-registration - click HERE to check out all the awesome programming that you can be apart of*! This includes:
- Geek Speed Dating and LGBT Geek Speed Dating
- Iron GM
- Iron Costumer
- POW! Parade of Wonders (Friday morning before show hours)
Interested in joining the ranks of world-class cosplayers in our Costume Contest? Click HERE to register!
*Participation in specialty programming requires a valid pass to the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo
04.09.2013 More Wrestlers added to the line up plus NBA and TV Star Rick Fox!
From Orangville Ontario, Edge has enjoyed a historic career, achieving 14 Tag Team titles, 4 WWE Championships, 7 World Titles, just to name a few. Edge retired as champion in April of 2011, and was inducted into the WWE Hall of fame on March 31st, 2012.
Edge has made appearances in the 2000 movie “Highlander: End Game,” as well as character Dwight Hendrickson on the Syfy series Haven.
Edge is appearing for Saturday and Sunday only
CNWA Wrestling will be on hand with appearances from Mr. Beefy Goodness Vance Nevada, women’s champion Bambi Hall, the Tattooed Terminator Massive Damage, Kat Von Heez and many more!
NBA champ Rick Fox has had a successful acting career - not to mention he's Canadian! Born in Toronto, Rick has enjoyed roles in The Big Bang Theory, Dollhouse, and Melrose Place, among many others.
Rick is appearing on Saturday and Sunday only
Jim "Anvil" Neidhart
Jim Neidhart joined the World Wrestling Federation, and formed a highly successful tag-team, The Hart Foundation, with Bret "Hitman" Hart. They were managed by The Mouth Of The South Jimmy Hart, who led them to their first Tag Team Championship while interfering to effectively end their second championship reign at WrestleMania VII. After Bret split off into singles competition, Jim teamed with Owen as The New Foundation, and also competed under a mask in 1996 as "Who?", intended as an attack on Hulk Hogan who had signed with World Championship Wrestling several years earlier.
(Bio courtesy of http://prowrestling.wikia.com)
Craig "Juggernaut" Renney
Craig Renney aka Juggernaut was a six time NWA/ECCW Heavyweight champion. He’s known for his brawling, aerial, and martial arts skills.